Alright, so I’ve been doing a bit of thinking and basically what it comes down to is that there are many unfinished threads in my life right now and until I can reasonably say that I’ve completed those threads, I’m holding off on procuring the MBP.
From a financial standpoint, I’ve got the money to invest in the MBP, but from a usability standpoint I already what meets my functional requirements (wow, I’ve been a consultant for too long).
Nevertheless, current threads that I’m working to accomplish:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator 2003 – One more exam, 70-291, studying for it this weekend
- Finishing Analysis of Tim Ferris’ Four Hour Work Week
- Reading Andrew Connell’s Web Content Management Book
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer 2003 – three exams past the MCSA
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional 2008 Enterprise Administrator (equivalent of MCSE 2003) – three exams past the MCSE
Somewhat aggressive plans prior to MBP, sure, but I see this as a time of financial responsibility. Who knows, maybe I’ll crack next week and go over to Tyson’s Corner and pick one up O:-)
Now Playing – Jack Johnson – Jack Johnson: Live In Japan – The Train to Osaka